Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Thought about Immigration( with Video clip)


Do You Know South Korea? from David Dutton on Vimeo.


I watched this video clip,please enjoy it.
The video above is different from that kind of video made by government.
It is taken by a person whose  ethnicity is Korean-American, raised in U.S throughout all his life.
This video clip  consists of nature scenes that you can see throughout Korea.
I'v been able to  figure out which scenery is attractive to foreigners who are visiting  Korea from this clip.
The more I watched video, the more I miss my country.

After I came to the U.S, I became the type of person who feels  a pity for my home country.
My country's land is smaller than Virginia's, one of the smallest states of the U.S.
Besides, my country had been forced to be divided into two countries involuntarily.
The division was involved with the powerful nations, the former Soviet United and the U.S.
My country is still struggling to survive from poor(inferior) conditions, which include scarce natural resources such as no oil  and continuing threat from North Korea.
On the contrary, I can feel  god's blessing  here. There is clean air,  vast land and an abundance
of natural and human resources.  Even in terms of  language, English  is the common language on the globe. U.S is the first largest economy country and the leading country because of a number of reasons. 
I became aware that the wide variety of immigrant groups in the U.S have contributed to build
such a powerful country.  I couldn't help but envy the power of U.S.

Some of the Koreans that I have met here were  promising people in their careers.
The support of the U.S such as  scholarship towards the intelligent people, prominent scientists and scholars,  led to their immigration from Korea to U.S eventually. 
I feel there is  a black hole sucking people who have great talents in the U.S. The immigrants might say they just pursued their own future. However, is it so naive if I dream on them working for our home country ? 
Through  contributions to Korea of  those who have studied a lot,  I expect my home country to leap high and become a successful country.

No comments: