Friday, January 21, 2011

Today's lesson: personality traits

Today  we started our textbook.  The first chapter was about the personality  and traits.
The instructor asked to us. " What kid of person are you"
We learned the expressions  that describe  the speaker's personality.

  • to be afraid of ~ ing
  • to mind  ~ing
  • can/can't stand ~ing
  • to worry about ~ing
  • to enjoy ~ing
  • to avoid ~ing
  • insist on ~ing
  • prefer   to do sth
  • prefer  doing sth
Making three senteces explaining the traits ,  we practiced  the useful expressions  as above.
We can use these expressions both the informal situations and the formal situations.
The informal situations include the  casual conversaions and the formal situations
refers the interview, the conference, the lecture   and so on.
As stated below, we can make sentences .
I avoid making mistakes.
I avoid repeating the same mistakes.
I dislike lying to people.
I prefer organizing everything.
I worry about being on time.

Next, the insturctor gave us the pretending situations: Meeting the people, interviewing the baby-sitter.

No comments: