Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Reflection about the debate on 15/Feb.

I had a debate on the issue, " If Immigration Authorities opens the door  of  chances of immigration from
the other countries, what area  should be top priority?".
We made three groups which supports three areas, Africa, Asia, Hispanics.
I was a support of Asia, especially, Indian and China.
When my teacher leads out class to debate, nothing did I have in my minds.
My teacher mentioned the rules of debate.
1. Respect other view points.
2. Discuss no argue
3. No rambling
4. Concise reasons
5.Persuade
6. Win over!
I was impressed on this remarks. I felt how beautiful words are.
My first thought after hearing of debate was merely what logic I have to prepare
 and  what strategy we need to compete.
I had a debate while try not to forget " respect, no argue, persuade".
What I learned from the debate is the valuable lessons that I have to keep in mind
when I communicate with the other people as well as my children.

No comments: