Tuesday, February 8, 2011

What is my favorite holiday?(homework)

                     ( My writing is for a writing workshop. )


 My favorite holiday is  Thanksgiving Day. In my home country, we have two big
holidays nationwide.  One is Happy New Year; the other one is Thanksgiving
Day. Nevertherless, I  prefer Thanksgiving Day to  Happy New Year.
Below  are my reasons.

 First of all, I can visit my father's tomb with all my family during the holiday.
 My husband had been too busy to go to the place where my father is buried. 
Furthermore, My father's grave is placed  on a steep hill in heart of a mountain.
We have to go through the bushes and make our way though the forest. 
The road  may be frozen near the Happy New Year times. So, it's the best time
 to visit there  on Thankgiving Day.

Second., it's so pleasing  to me to expect my mother-in-law's happy face.
Te family of my husband used to be a big one until all children grew up 
and got married.  Now, she became  the only person living in the  big apartment
since  last spring when my father-in-law passed away. I have been concerned
about her  might-be-loneliness. Her grown-up children don't skip to gather altogher
on the Thanksgiving Day  even if they are busy.  I am sure she is happy even though
 for only several days.

  Third, It's my pleasure to see  my husband become energentic again.
 My husband  is in a workaholic. I 've been persuading myself  in order not to
 feel the bad feelings  because I am certain  he is also enduring his life for our family.
 The Tanksgiving day is the offical holiday  that he can take a rest.  It is very helpful
for him to get some energy.

 Thanksgivig Day is the blessing day  which brings much happiness to me. 
I can't stand imagining   the friendly atmosphere and  warm conversations that day.
I am looking forward to the coming Thanksgiving Day.

No comments: