I became aware of women's month that I had never known before from Easy English News.
of the women's contributions to history. It is the dramatic progress compared to the conditions of the women in the past. They say it is less than one century for girls to get educated like boys.
At that time, most professions were for men only. Husbands were allowed to abuse their wives, take money from their wife and keep the children after divorce.
I felt these referrings are not only the past things but the current issues somewhere on the globe. A lot of women are suffering from gender discrimination. Although married couples look equal, women are likely to have more burdens of doing house chores and of raising the children than husbands.
I've never seen men whose first responsibility is to cook and to look after the children, no matter what race or nationality they have . I know more serious and tragic cases , such as polygamy, sexual harassment, early marriage, than the examples I mentioned are widespread all over the world. However, I want to reflect on just my experience. As looking back to my marriage life, I've questioned myself why I had been forced to sacrifice my social career . I couldn't dare juggling my jobs, my children's needs and my housework like the successful working mothers do. Even though I couldn't expect some help from my busy husband, I hoped to be able to raise my children on my own. I should have asked for some support from others,but I didn't trust anyone else such as babysitters. Now, I realize the responsibilities that I felt as one of the parents at that time was too heavy to keep my career. I hope my daughter would be able to enjoy more gender equality.

No comments:
Post a Comment